Floorball Mandurah & Peel Region
NEW to Peel Hockey in 2021.
What is floorball? Floorball is a type of indoor hockey that doesn’t require any bulky equipment. All you need is a stick and a ball!
Teams play 5 v 5 (no goalies), games consist of two 20-minute periods. While floorball is similar to indoor hockey, it is faster and safer because of the unique rules and the lightweight equipment.
Join Peel Hockey Association's Floorball Competition
NEW – Term 1, 2021
Peel Hockey Association’s Floorball Competition will be held at Halls Head Recreation Centre on Monday nights.
No equipment needed – thanks to Floorball WA and Floorball Culture for providing our equipment for our first season.
Registrations are now open for players to create competitions in the following age groups:
- Juniors – J 7-9 (school years 7 to 9)
- Juniors – J 10-12 (school years 10 to 12)
- Seniors – (Senior & junior players in school years 10+)
Minimum of 4 teams of 5 to 8 players required per competition to be considered viable for competition.
CLICK HERE to register to play by 31st January 2021.
Floorball is such a great activity because it is so much fun! You can play floorball at home — by yourself, with your friends, with your family. Kids will put down the video game controller or smart phone and get active again. Passing, shooting, stickhandling – once they get started, they don’t want to stop. Floorball is played with lightweight sticks that are easy to control at any age.
Here are the basic rules of floorball:
- No high sticking. Blade must stay below player’s knees. If ball is played with any part of the stick above the knee, it is high sticking.
- No slashing. Do not hit your opponent’s stick.
- No lifting, pushing or kicking the opponent’s stick.
- You cannot reach between your opponent’s legs with your stick.
- It is OK to foot pass the ball to your own teammate but you cannot kick the ball twice in a row.
- Do not play the ball with your hand or head.
- Do not jump to reach the ball.
For a great video showing how to play floorball visit The Rules of Floorball
To download the basic rules, click here Basic Floorball Rules (pdf)
CLICK HERE for fixtures (available early February) Week 1 will include information sessions.