WORK TYPE: Fixed Term – Part time
LOCATION: Halls Head, Mandurah but working throughout the Peel Region.
CLOSING DATE: 14th April, 4.00 PM (WST)
Peel Hockey is affiliated with Hockey WA and is the home for hockey in the Peel region. Our primary objective is to provide hockey to the community; through the coordination of participation programs and competitions over the winter and summer seasons.
Peel Hockey is looking for a part-time Development Officer to work with the Board and Hockey WA to increase participation in hockey throughout the Region and to provide development opportunities for players, coaches and officials.
Key Focus Areas of position
The Development Officer will work across five key areas identified by Peel Hockey. The first three, promotion, development and growth, directly relate to the organisation’s vision; to sustainably promote, develop and grow hockey for the Peel community. The other two areas – governance and infrastructure are key elements to ensure the sustainability of the organisation, from an operational and financial perspective.
• Promote – to improve the perception, awareness and knowledge level of hockey in the Mandurah and Peel community;
• Develop – to increase the quality of local players, teams, officials and coaches;
• Grow – to increase participant numbers across both junior and senior programs by 15% each year over the next three years;
• Governance – complete implementation of off-field efficiency initiatives;
• Infrastructure – provide sustainable high quality facilities that cater for growing participation.
Mandatory/Special Role Requirements
• ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable mode of transport;
• Criminal History Record Check: An acceptable National Police Certificate (police clearance), or equivalent, is an essential pre-employment requirement and must be obtained prior to commencement;
• Due to the nature of this position, out of hours and weekend work may be required;
• Current valid Working with Children Check.
• Proof of Vaccination Certificate.
Applicants should demonstrate their capacity to meet the following selection criteria, which should be read in conjunction with the specific responsibilities of this role.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver programs and clinics within budgets;
• High level communication skills and ability to elicit cooperation from and work with a diverse group of people/stakeholders;
• High level administrative and organisational skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Proven public speaking and presentation skills;
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritise work and maximise the use of internal and external resources to achieve outcomes;
• Flexibility in respect to work hours and travel;
• Competence in commonly used personal computing applications.
• Experience working within a member-based association, particularly of a sporting nature;
• Experience working in or with primary / secondary education institutions;
• First Aid training;
• Exposure within the sport of hockey possessing relevant accreditation in a coaching or wider administrative field.
For Further Job Related Information
Additional Information and Application Instructions
Please refer to the Job Description to understand the requirements of the position and the Job Information Pack for instructions on how to apply.